Includes 8 copies of When Children Grieve
(textbook for the programme worth £86)
Highly experienced Specialist & teacher Sara Louise will lead upto 8 of your team through this ACE's informed programme from the creators of the evidence-based Grief Recovery Method.
4 x 2 hour sessions, with reading and assignments inbetween combining to make a comprehensive communication skills programme that will increase confidence of any adult when talking to children about grief & loss and any sad and painful feelings.
At the end of the 4 sessions participants will:
1) Have increased confidence and skill when talking to children/young people about grief and loss and/or who have had
2) Understand the 6 myths of grief and how they impede healing
3) Be able to recognise grief symptoms and behaviours
4) Be able to identify unresolved, incomplete or undelivered emotional communications
5) Understand the Recovery Components
Every participant will receive a Certificate of Participation
Session 1: Introductions, setting out of commitments and process, group discussion on 6 myths of Grief & Symptoms/behaviours common in grief.
Session 2: Review Myths & Symptoms. Theory discussion on Recovery Components
Session 3: Review Recovery Components, Scenario role play, Theory discussion of Emotional Energy checklist
Session 4: Review Emotional Energy, use of correct language, Theory of completion.
Don't see any dates or times that will work for you? Contact Sara directly.